Springtime and delicious, fruity crisps seem to go hand, for sure! Let’s get those fresh peaches and blackberries ready for a tart, tangy flavor and then we infuse the fruit with a little maple syrup for a perfect light and delicious crisp. Made with love from Chef Mary Stodola. Enjoy!
Blackberry Peach Crisp
5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
3 cups fresh blackberries
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 cup flour
1/4 cup oatmeal
½ cup whole cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350ºF Combine peaches, blackberries, cornstarch, vanilla, maple syrup, and lemon juice into a bowl and gently toss together.
- Butter a 9×13 or 10 x 12 rectangle pan, and add the peach blackberry mixture.
- In a medium bowl add flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Use a pastry cutter, cut the butter pieces into the dry ingredients until pea-size lumps form.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Let cool slightly and serve with a scoop of frozen yogurt.