Who doesn’t love chocolate? Valentine’s week is upon us and it’s a great time to try this amazing and easy fondue recipe. If you feel guilty, remember those antioxidants you’re getting from the chocolate AND remember that’s it’s always about moderation.
We like this recipe so much it has become an “anytime” recipe and is fun for parties and potlucks and is very popular with kids. Think of ALL the different things that COULD be dipped into this amazing concoction………..pretzels, strawberries, pineapple, marshmallows, graham crackers, and MORE. Use your imagination. And Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stovetop: In heavy saucepan, over medium heat, melt chocolate chips and butter with sweetened condensed milk and water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Crockpot: Put all ingredients in crockpot. Set on low and cook for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Serve warm as a dip or drizzle over brownies, cake, or other goodies. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator and re-heated the next day.