A kale and quinoa salad is a delightful and nutritious dish that has gained immense popularity in the world of healthy eating at any season. This salad combines the robust earthiness of kale leaves with the delicate nuttiness of quinoa, creating a harmonious blend of textures and flavors. Kale, known for its rich nutrient profile, offers a hearty base with its dark, leafy greens that are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Quinoa, on the other hand, provides a protein-rich component, making this salad a satisfying and well-balanced meal. Tossed with tart Ceasar dressing and sweet, chewy Cranraisins, the salad becomes a symphony of taste, as the vibrant colors and fresh ingredients come together to provide a burst of freshness and vitality in every bite. Whether enjoyed as a side dish or a main course, a kale and quinoa salad is a wholesome and delectable choice for those seeking a health-conscious and flavorful dining experience.
Kale and Quinoa Salad with Cranberries and Feta
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 ¼ cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 5 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
- ½ cup Caesar dressing, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pink (or kosher) salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup Cranraisins
- Place stock and quinoa in a large stockpot; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove stems from kale, then chop leaves.
- Stir kale into quinoa and cover; cook 8 more minutes. Transfer mixture to a large serving bowl; fluff with a fork and let stand to cool slightly.
- Stir in ¼ cup dressing, salt, and pepper. Drizzle remaining ¼ cup dressing over top; sprinkle with cheese and top with Cranraisins and enjoy!