As the air turns crisp and the excitement of game day fills the atmosphere, there’s no better way to elevate your tailgate experience than with a crowd-pleasing and savory delight. Tailgating season brings with it the perfect opportunity to savor the camaraderie of fellow fans, the anticipation of the big game, and, of course, the delicious food. Our sausage balls are the ultimate tailgating snack – a flavor-packed, bite-sized wonder that combines the robust taste of sausage with a hint of spices and a cheesy embrace. Whether you’re celebrating a victory, gearing up for a thrilling match, or simply reveling in the tailgating spirit, these sausage balls are the ideal accompaniment to your game-day festivities. (And their gluten free!) Get ready to score big with this unbeatable tailgate treat!
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 1 lb Shredded Cheddar Cheese (453 g)
- 2 cups Gluten Free Bob’s Red Mill Biscuit and Baking Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 c. Buttermilk
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 8 Tablespoons of cold cubed butter
- 1 Tbs Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two large sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Crumble sausage and cook until browned. Allow to cool.
- Mix Bob’s Red Mill Baking and Biscuit Mix (Gluten Free), buttermilk, eggs, salt and cubed butter until just blended.
- Add crumbled sausage, cheese and paprika to the mix and mix well.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons per ball onto the lined sheet pans, leaving about an inch between each scoop for even browning.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.