Oh the summer love of salads! This one has to be the best ever. Definitely not your side salad, this sweet watermelon with tender steak, feta and pine nuts make this a simple and refreshing salad both on the side or as a complete meal. Best part? It’s gluten-free! Enjoy!
Steak and Watermelon Salad
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ cup minced shallots (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mix lettuce or arugula washed and spun dry
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- I filet mignon steak cooked to your preference
- Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl and drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly. Toss.
- Place the coated lettuce on a platter and top with watermelon, feta, and pine nuts.
- Slice the steak and place on top.
- Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
- Topped with shaved parmesan cheese