Fresh, juicy watermelon! Is there anything that spells summer as much as watermelon? It is one of my favorite summer treats and while making some early plans for a 4th of July socially distant patio gathering of a few loved ones, I decided it was time to pull out one of my favorite summer recipes. This Watermelon Feta Salad served with just a touch of mint is one of those “sweet yet salty” combos that is just out of this world. It is colorful and perfect for a cookout, picnic, or even for a lazy weekend brunch.
This salad is most delicious when made shortly before serving. I hope our readers enjoy it as much as I do!
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 12 cups of cubed watermelon (approximately 8 lb. whole seedless watermelon) chilled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- If you are using a whole watermelon, cut into chunks and drain.
- Make the salad dressing by whisking in a small bowl the olive oil, fresh lime juice, and salt.
- Put the watermelon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently. Add the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and stir gently.
- Chill and serve within a few hours if possible.