Zucchini is in full season! And if there is one thing you can count on during the summer, it’s plenty of deep green deliciousness! These little zucchini cheesy bites are a healthy way to bring the entire family to the table or to serve as a tasty appetizer at your next get together.
1 cup zucchini grated and drained well
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated fine, optional
1 clove garlic grated fine/1 tsp prepared minced
2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
1 teaspoon fresh basil chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
pinch of salt and pepper
tomato marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Use a box grater to grate the zucchini into a clean towel. Roll up the towel and twist to wring out the moisture.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Shape a tablespoon of the mixture into your hands, pat into small balls, and
place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven until golden. Serve warm with
marinara sauce. Recipe makes about 16 bites.